[ExchangeList] Re: Email and attachment size issues

  • From: "Mark Dewell" <M.Dewell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 09:55:19 +0100

Errm, unless you've typo'd your message you appear to have set the limits to
2Mb  (2048Kb). 20Mb would 20480Kb.

        #550 5.2.3 RESOLVER.RST.RecipSizeLimit; message too large for this
recipient ##rfc822;me@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rfc822%3Bme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

        The size of this particular message is 7MB and if I download the
message from gmail to my laptop I'm able to forward it internally to my
users. I've read up on content conversion and therefore understand that this
7MB file could be increased by 33%. This is why I increased everything to
20MB. I've also been advised that the limits have been raised at the spam
filter to 20MB. I don't believe this so I'm trying to make sure I've done
everything I'm suppose to on my end before I get into with anyone else.
        Any responses appreciated.