- On the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard.
- In the Rules Wizard dialog box, click New.
- Under Which type of rule do you want to create?, click Start from a blank rule, click Check messages when they arrive, and then click Next.
- Under Which condition(s) do you want to check?, select the Sent Only To Me check box and any other criteria that you want, and then click Next.
- Under What do you want to do with the message?, select the Reply using a specific template check box.
- Under Rule Description, click the underlined phrase, a specific template.
- In the Select a Reply Template dialog box, click the template that you created in the previous section, and then click Open.
- Complete the Rules Wizard by following the instructions on your screen.
The Rules Wizard rule reply using a specific template sends the automated reply once to each sender during a session. This rule prevents Outlook from sending repetitive replies to a sender from whom you receive multiple messages. During a session, Outlook keeps track of the list of users to whom it has responded. If you exit and restart Outlook, the list of which senders have received automated replies is reset.
Pls see that Outlook must be running for the Rules Wizard to automatically reply and Outlook must be configured to periodically check for new messages.