RE: E2K Relay in SBS2000

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 07:13:15 -0800

1. SBS2000 includes a firewall, ISA Server 2000.
2. Relaying can be allowed by an improperly configured Anti-Virus software
acting as an SMTP gateway.
3. Relaying can be allowed by an improperly configured Anti-Spam software
acting as a SMTP gateway.
4. Relaying can be allowed by Exchange improperly configured. (IIS Virtual
SMTP server.)

For the proper configuration on Exchange, search for the articles on
MSExchange.org.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You