Duplicate messages Within Outlook

  • From: "Shevill, Mark M SITI-ITDSEC44" <Mark.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 15:24:49 +0100

I have numerous rules configured within Outlook 2000. Each rule processes a
message when it arrives and deposits it in a subfolder of my inbox.

Problem occurs is if I receive for example a message from "my manager" to a
"distribution list" that I am a member of. I have two rules here, one that
messages from "my manager" are submitted to a folder specifically assigned
to receiving messages from him and a second rule that moves all mail that is
sent "to a distribution list" to a different folder. Trouble is that I get a
copy of the message in the folder ""from Manager" and one in the folder "to
distribution list" but the order of the messages should rectify this
problem.  But it doesn't
So if I have rules for several distribution lists and "My Manager" sends a
mail to all of them, I can end up with many copies of the same mail in many
different subfolders.

Does anyone have any idea how I can rectify this problem.

Mark Shevill
IMG Messaging Technical Lead

Tel: +44 161 935 7152 Fax: +44 207934 1630
Email: Mark.M.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx
Internet: http://www.shell.com <http://www.shell.com/>