[ExchangeList] Duplicate accounts entry in global address list

  • From: "Jawad, Ashraf" <JawadAI@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:21:32 +0300

Dears,

            We are facing a strange situation. We had Windows NT and
exchange 5.5 and upgraded windows to Windows 2000, added exchange 2000
in our organization and made ADC then transferred all users from 5.5 to
2000. We tried to remove 5.5 servers and there ADC but we failed. We
used the manual steps from Microsoft support site. But unfortunately the
global address book started to display duplicate users' entries with the
same SMTP email address in the global address list. When searching the
active directory users and computers we found two entries in the entire
domain search. By clicking on the first entry the properties of the user
appears, but the second entry is displaying error message "object not
found and close MMC (Microsoft Management Console)

We tried to remove the entries by LDAP but the same error returned.

Please help.

errors or omissions.