Re: Downloads and application event viewer

  • From: Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Exchange List <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:27:45 -0500

There are a lot of references to event id 7011 out there.  I found a few
Q-articles on support.microsoft.com that suggest some potential fixes.

What version of Exchange are you running?  One of the articles referencing
E2K seems to point to some sort of corruption to the database (well in this
case, a corrupt message or messages).

When you say front-end, does it also serve as an SMTP bridgehead by any
chance?  What's in the SMTP queues?  Any messages stuck by any chance?  Does
mailflow seem to be working as usual?

Are you seeing any events in the system log that could indicate any hard
disk issues?

What made you think it was a Veritas issue?

When you say you 'try to download Microsoft updates' what are you
downloading and how are you doing so?  Operating System or Exchange?  Have
you tried downloading patches to another system and then transfer them to
the server for installation?

First and foremost (should have put this first, sorry): Can you get a good
backup, and do you have the configuration documented in the event of
failure?

I did find (since you reference a thumb drive) this:
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=pes_win2k&mes
sage.id=3521 although I can't vouch for it.

Rick