Re: Do Diskeeper 9 and Exchange 2003 Play nice?

  • From: "Nick F" <nfitzpatrick@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:42:56 -0600

I am familiar with eseutil and isinteg however Microsoft strongly
recommends against using the built-in defrag utilities as they can (and I
have seen it totally screw up an edb) damage the edb.  I?ve seen messages
damaged and attachments blown into oblivion ? there?s NO way I would ever
use the utility on a functional/ing edb.1

Taking the db offline for defraging would just be too inconvenient ? I was
thinking that it would be nice to use the cheesily named
?set-it-and-forget-it? function of Diskeeper.

The first time I saw the defrag utility in Windows 2000 all I could think
was: ?Gee, now this looks familiar?? :-)

Thanks guys.