Distribution Groups

  • From: "Eric Lanyon" <ELanyon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:12:56 -0800

We have several distribution groups that we hide the membership of
through Exchange Tasks.  In AD, if they are hidden you can't see who
belongs to that group.  However, I found a disturbing problem.  I logged
in as a generic user and went into the Exchange Address Book.  I opened
up a contact and was able to view what distribution groups the person
belonged to, including the ones that were supposedly hidden from view.
Does anyone know of a way to hide the membership of certain distribution
groups in Exchange?  My clients are on Outlook XP for the most part and
I'm running Exchange 2000 with all the SPs installed.

eric