[ExchangeList] Re: Display name

  • From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 14:30:35 -0500

Please don't hijack threads.  Change the subject line when changing the
subject.

The display name is whatever you make it.  It is automatically populated the
way it is when an account is created; after that it doesn't change unless
you change it.   So you need to do 2 things:

a) change the default display name for new accounts
b) change the current display name on all existing accounts

For (a) I don't have this on the top of my head, but I get a little googling
of "default display name active directory" should find something.
For (b) google "admodify.net" and download that tool and use it change the
existing accounts.

Carl

  _____