Disk partition for Ex2k with Disaster recovery....

  • From: "Hirantha Wijayawardena" <hirantha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:40:06 +0600

Hi! Expertise,

I'm planning to hookup another exchange 2000 server, with disaster
recovery in mind. So I read some Microsoft articles with related to
disaster recovery specially - Disaster recovery exchange 2000.pdf
article. What they say is you have to have 6 hard disks.

Unfortunately I do not have much $$$$ ... so my plan is to have a 2 SCSI
Drivers - 18GB each and 1 IDE Hard Drive - 40GB, and the hard disk
partition scheme is..

FDisk 1 (IDE HD) - Driver C: (Fat16)-windows 2000 boot files and Active
drive, 100MB Primary partition

-          Drive d: (NTFS) - windows 2000 operating system files and
swap files Remaining capacity Extended Partition

FDisk 2 (SCSI) - Drive E: (NTFS) - Exchange 2000 files and additional
server applications, 100% full extended partition

FDisk 3 (SCSI) - Drive F: (NTFS) - transaction log files and database
files. 100% full extended partition

Can I know from you all is this disk partition setups are ok!

This will give low performance due to use of the IDE HD?????????

Or this is not the way......

Thank you in advance

Hirantha Wijayawardena

ICT Co-ordinator