Disaster recovery 1 IDE/2 SCSI

  • From: "Hirantha Wijayawardena" <hirantha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:17:16 +0600

Hi, Expertise

I setup another ex2k server with disaster recovery in mind. I have 1 IDE
HD & 2 SCSI

IDE HD's

Partition 1 with Boot files & OS - Active partition

Partition 2 - nothing just Software Library - Extended Partition

SCSI Mirrored

Install Exchange files and Database, transaction log

My questions are:

1.      If IDE HD fails, (OS in IDE) can I reinstall OS again in another
IDE HD, and use disaster recovery to run exchange2k & restore the
backup; will this work?
2.      Will this reduce the server performance - Installing ex2k in
mirrored volume?
3.      Do I need to setup page files on Mirrored Volume?
4.      Or I'm Nuts? : (

I have only 60 users and IDE HD = 40GH/ SCSI = 18GB each

Pls, advice me how to achieve my Disaster recovery plan using above
mentioned hardware

Thanx in advance

Hirantha Wijayawardena

ICT Co-ordinator