RE: Disaster Recovery Exchange 2K with Win2K AD

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:22:57 -0500

If you think the problem is just the machine locally, try installing a new
DC into the mix and transferring the roles to it once stable.  If you still
have the problem, then keeping the Active Directory as is may not be an
option for you or you may have other issues that would show up in the event
log.

If you are unable to install additional computer objects, then you likely
can't add user objects either.  Is that right? If so, it's likely a role
master issue that you're having.  Restoring system state and databases etc
will restore the Active Directory exactly like it is for that point in time.
That might not be a good idea given what you described.

Al