Re: Disappearing email

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:08:58 -0500

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:00:54 -0700, Dee <deea@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> My boss sent a press release to everyone in our company, which we
> received, and also to press reporters, none of which received. He sent it
> again to just the press reporters and they received it.
>
> No NDRs, no Mailmarshal blocking, as it will either block the entire email
> or it lets it through. No email is waiting in the Queue on my side. Can
> anyone explain to me where in la-la-land things such as this go?

Either the recipients mail systems mis-processed and lost the email,
or the next SMTP relay (maybe your ISP, I do not know your
configuration) managed to loose the email, otherwise your boss would
have received an NDR.

Has this EVER happened before with your mail systems?

Mail systems are designed by humans, so they are obviously not
perfect. Things get even worse when you throw these anti-spam systems
with a high-rate of false positives into the mix.

What do your mail logs say? 250 message accepted?

...D