RE: Disabling user

  • From: "Lorie Gordon" <lgordon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:52:12 -0500

You could create a new "user" specifically for preserving mailboxes for a
short period of time.  Create the user and reconnect the deleted mailbox to
the user.  This is not what I normally do but it would work.  I have a
disaster recovery server that I use specifically for recovering mail.  That
way I never have to restore mail onto my production server and risk
corruption.  This works well for me.  We delete the mailbox the very day the
user is disabled.  If they come back and want access to the mailbox, we
recover on the DR server and export all mail to a pst.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message (including any attachments) may
contain confidential and privileged information, and is for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail message, permanently
deleting the original message and destroying any hard copies of the original
message that may have been created.