Disabling Incoming and Outgoing mail To and From for some users

  • From: "Vadim Shulaev" <vadim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:58:12 -0600

I know that i have seen post on this subject early, but it didn't seems to
work for me.
I am still trying to get use to where everything is located in Exchange
2K! E5.5 was so easy... :)

Anyway, i was asked to disable ability for few users in the company to
send and receive outside email.
I thought it was easy task, well... maybe it is, but i don't know how to
complette this.

1. I did figure out a way to prevent outside world to send messages to
internal user by either changing users email address to fake account
(SMTP) or only allow mail to this user from something like "everyone"
group which holds everybody in the company with email addresses. So, that
part works...

2. Even though i change SMTP address on the server, for some reason this
client can still send mail outside!!! ( of coarse they wouldn't get reply
to this address). I know in Exchange 5.5 we would just delete SMTP address
for this user and would be good to go, but doesn't seems like in this
case.

Anyone has good suggestion on what needs to be done???

Thanks,
Vadim.