Re: Disable the Mail Account

  • From: Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 22:04:44 -0400

Well, you can disable an account in NT4 (assuming NT4 here) - or you can
remove the rights to the mailbox, depending on what you want to accomplish.
Or delete the mailbox as well, without affecting the account at all.

Most likely ­ depending on how rights have been assigned ­ you just need to
clear the ?primary NT account¹ attribute on the mailbox object.  Be aware
that this can take a bit of time to propagate in Exchange 5.5 ­ as long as
120 minutes if I recall correctly.  I should say ­ I know it can take that
long for delegation changes to prop, and I suspect it could do the same with
Primary NT account, but I¹m not 100% certain of that anymore.

--
Rick Boza
Protechnica ­ Technology Solutions Simplified