RE: Directory Harvest Attack

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:18:02 -0800

Welcome to that latest chapter in the war on spam. What you are seeing are
connections from zombie computers. These are computers that are infected
with viruses. The primary purpose of some of the newer virus is to create
zombie computers which are then used for distributed spam ?attacks.?

The best way to fight this is to use a gateway or front end to your Exchange
that is user aware.

John Tolmachoff

Engineer/Consultant/Owner

eServices For You