Determine amount of space file types consume in PRIV DB

  • From: "Brian K. Watson" <Brian.K.Watson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:28:37 -0700

I have been tasked to report how much space different file types consume
in our Exchange DB. We recently implemented unified messaging integrated
with our Exchange environment and our DB size has more than doubled over
the past year (150 users @ about 60GB). Our Messaging system is Cisco
Unity and our Exchange environment is Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows 2000
server in a Windows 2000 domain with AD. The objective is to report how
much space wav files and other file types consume in our DB. I have found
a few third party utilities but I have no working knowledge with these
utilities so any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Side notes to save obvious suggestions:
We are not using quotas though it is constantly recommended
I also defrag/compress the DB to remove wasted space quarterly

Brian K. Watson
Sr. Systems Administrator
Quality Care Solutions Inc.
(480) 735-7226