Deploying Exchange 2003

  • From: socal4tens@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:18:36 -0700

Hello,

I have been asked to setup an Exchange 2003 server for a company. They
want web access only, from inside (local lan) and outside (remote internet
users). Their infrastructure is NT4, Win2k and Novell with 60 clients most
of which are on windows 95 and old slow equipment. They are looking for
the web access so they can keep the old equipment in place while using IE
to access the mail. Can anyone give me an idea of what is involved in
setting this up? Some questions I have are as follows:

1. Can Win95 access W2k3 via owa internally as well as externally
2. Will IE 5.5 work on win95 clients connecting to W2k3
3. Do I need 2 servers, a front end and back end
4. Will I need to install AD if it is not already installed within the
infrastructure.
5. Is it best practice to run HTTPS?
6. Do I need to run certificate services

Thank you,