RE: Demoting Win2000 server with Exchange 2000

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 12:12:12 +0100

Hi All

One question if I may just butt in just a second please. Only one GC per
site? I have been running two on our single site of about 50 machines for
several months without error. If I had a user location with say 180 users
and a total of 225 machines and all on one IP subnet I would certainly want
more than one GC? Are we talking AD Sites or IP Subnets as sites? I assume
the former in which case I have another question. Whilst creating Sites is
recommended it is not compulsory and whilst AD may not work as well without
them it isn't a prerequisite as I understand so what is the problem with
multiple GC's' per Site?

I do appreciate that too many GC's overall can be just as bad as to few.but
one per Site seems low to me?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul Lemoidis.