Re: Delivery issues

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:42:40 -0500

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 12:28:49 +0300, Willy Matuku <WillyM@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> Dear All,
>
> I am running Exchange 2000 on Windows 20000 and we are unable to send
> mail to addresses in a specific domain. We have contacted ISPs on my
> side and also the ISP hosting the receiving domain and they both say
> things are fine at their end. We are able to send mail to any other
> place but not to any address in this specific domain. The error I
> receive is;
>
> Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The
> following recipient(s) could not be reached:
>
>       John Nduba on 3/2/2005 6:31 PM
>             Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified.
> Please retry or contact your administrator.
>             < smtpin-22.accesskenya.com #4.4.7>=20
>
> Though this indicates a delayed delivery the message will never get
> delivered. Please if any of you has a clue as to what could be happening
> I would appreciate a response.

If you are trying to send email to accesskenya.com, I see a few problems:

1) One of their MX records points to ukns1.accesskenya.com.  Their
SMTP MTA (Sendmail in this case) configuration is not setup correctly:

mx1# telnet ukns1.accesskenya.com 25
Trying 213.130.49.133...
Connected to ukns1.accesskenya.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 localhost.localdomain ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.5/8.11.6; Thu, 3 Mar
2005 13:36:37 GMT

ukns1.accesskenya.com claims to be non-existent host localhost.localdomain

localhost.localdomain = Non-RFC compliant

2) Their network could be slow.

3) They have no reverse DNS setup on ukns1.accesskenya.com

4) The error message you received states the email server you sent to
is not responding in a timely manner.  Look up that error code number
for more details.

5) Try and send email to them from a different location.  I have sent
you a free Gmail invite in case you do not have an external email
account.

...D