Delivery Restriction based on Windows 2000 Group Policy

  • From: "Bob Schaw" <bschaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:40:19 -0600

Has anyone set different Delivery Restriction based on a Windows 2000 OU?
I work in the banking industry and our branches are connected with either
384K or T-1 lines and we have problems with users attempt to read messages
with large attachments 10-20MB. Our Exchange 2000 servers are centralized
in 2 different locations. Branch employee's Windows 2000 accounts are
organized by location or branch so I would like to set a policy on the
Active Directory Organizational unit. The settings I would like to
enfource is a 5MB message size limit on the 384K connected branches and
10MB limit on the T-1 connected branches. I could set a limit based on the
store itself, but I have each store is set aside for each affiliate bank
so it can get SMTP addresses from the Recipient Policy.

Any suggestions on other ways of setting Delivery sending/receiving
messages limits based on a policy and not individually on each user.