[ExchangeList] Deleting attachments

  • From: "Taylor, George" <GTaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:28:25 -0600

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Kind of on the same line
of the PST thread.  We, as I'm sure many of you
out there do, struggle with the administrators, dept managers, doctors
and such getting them to adhere to our mailbox policies.  We actually do
have a corporate wide policy limiting the size of your mailbox and it
does state that if you hit that limit we no longer allow you to send
email.  Turned that on a couple years ago and it took my director about
20 minutes to run in my office and say "TURN IT OFF NOW!!!"

So, with that said, we're looking at something a little more "pleasing"
to them folks.  We're thinking about deleting any attachments that are
over a certain age, but leaving the email itself.  I've basically been
told I'd be turned into a eunuch if I deleted any doctor's email, but I
may be able to get deleting just the attachments to fly.

Any ideas on a 3rd party tool that could do this?  Let's say something
like strip the attachment from any email that is older than 180 days...

Thanks,

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.
***Note: The information contained in this message, including any attachments,
may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader
in error, please notify the Sender immediately by a "reply to sender only"
message and destroy all electronic or paper copies of the communication,
including any attachments.