RE: Database Size Limits in Exchange 2003 Standard Edition.

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:18:28 -0500

Some of the questions are a little irrelevant.

You don't upgrade to Exchange 2003, you install it to co-exist with 5.5,
then migrate database.

One of the most common ways is to install 2003, add it to your existing
site/org, create a new store, then do a mailbox move from 5.5 to 2003.
You can get all your PF, OAB's, and other things over to 2003 by relying
on replication.   I've done this twice and it was painless.