RE: DL membership editing

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:16:40 -0400

Greg,

   Okay, here is what I think is going on...  At least in our org.

   My exchange 5.5 environment has 4 sites.  This issue with the DL's is
occuring in only one site...  It seems that the tech support (in the site
having the issues) has rolled out Outlook 2003 against my recommendation.
The issue I have with Outlook 2003 are weird issues that result from the
Outlook Cache Mode being enabled.  Well it seems that the owner of the DL's
in that site is making edits, but when logging out of Outlook at the end of
the day, her Outlook 2003 client is editing the DL's as they are cached in
memory.  Thus automatically making the changes.  I have asked her to disable
the Outlook Cache mode of Outlook 2003 and the issues have stopped.

    Hope this helps with your issues as well.

Chris

  _____