RE: Custom Recipients in Exchange 2000

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:37:37 -0400

Thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Liddekee [mailto:mliddekee@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 9:07 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Custom Recipients in Exchange 2000

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Not sure exactly what you're wanting.  Are you wanting this "custom
recipient" to be able to log into your domain or are you just wanting them
for the purpose of sending email and having them show up in the address
book.  If the latter is the case, you can create a "contact" record in AD
Users & Computers.  This will allow you to set up a contact w/ an external
address.  I have a user in our organization set up currently like this.
She's in the building but runs a Mac and due to office politics, I am unable
to get her on the network.  She has a dial-up AOL account and that's how
internal exchange users communicate is selecting her name in the address
book and it goes to her external AOL account.  Very hokie but it works.

Regards,
Mike Liddekee
Network Engineer

Humco Holding Group, Inc.