Corrupt files in the mtadata folder

  • From: "Maglinger, Paul" <PMAGLINGER@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Exchangelist server (WL)'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:17:24 -0500

Running Exchange 5.5 SP4.  Started getting event IDs 2170, 3128, 2171, 2188,
2175, 2173, and 2143.  All pointing to corrupt files in the mtadata folder.
Microsoft KB says to stop the MTA service, rename the offending files, run
MTA twice, then start the service back up.  However, in my quest for
information, I came across a web-page that said that the core database files
were:

Db000001.dat through Db000009.dat
Db00000a.dat through Db00000f.dat
Db000010.dat through Db000019.dat
Db00001a.dat through Db00001f.dat
Db000020.dat through Db000026.dat

One of the files that appear to be corrupt would be Db00002E, which is
listed as one of the core file.  The website said this file would have to be
copied from the bootenv folder.  The Microsoft KB article didn't mention
anything about this.  Any insights?

Paul Maglinger, A+, CA, CCA, CET, MCSE
Systems Administrator Shoe Carnival Inc. (812)867-4674 pmaglinger@xxxxxxxx