Contact Size Limit

  • From: "Kenny Mann" <Kennymann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ExchangeList" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:52:17 -0500

We are debating on getting GoldMine. For those unfamiliar with it, it's
a Contact Manager.
The biggest reason for gettng this is that our Exchange Server starts
getting extremely slow at around 9k contacts.
We've used an older version of GoldMine many moons (years) ago, and it
was a network hog (4 people brought down a 10mb network, we are on a
100mb now, but still).

I was wondering if A.) anyone else has tons (>9K) contacts and B.) how
does your OWA treat it, and if C.) can be done offline as well as online
and then re-synced when connected back online.
We, sadly, only have a Basic-plus static package of DSL (read: 12KB
upstream) so, I think it would have trouble shooting allot of contacts
over the net.

Thanks in advance!

--Kenny Mann