RE: Configure Exchange 5.5 as front end server

  • From: Calderón Vilches Luis Daniel <Daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:08:20 -0500

Hi Rajnish,

This is what I know.
I'm not quite sure about a a E2K server being backend of a E5.5 OWA server.
But, you could accomplish the same with E5.5 only.
Your mail didn't specify some details, but I assume when you say Site, you
didn't mean E5.5 sites but two different remote locations.
If so, I assume you have only one E5.5 site.
If this is true, you just have to add a new E5.5 server to that site. This
server automatically will receive a copy of the existing directory of that site.
Remember that E5.5 don´t work with Active Directory and it has its own
directory.
Once you added the new E5.5 to that site, your existing OWA server will be
front end server of the newly-added E5.5 server.
That's why OWA 5.5 queries E5.5 directory to find out which server on the site
contains the requested mailbox contents.
Since your newly-added server will be part of that directory, this will work.

Except for better opinion,

Daniel