RE: Compacting Priv.edb

  • From: "Lynch, Chris" <Chris.Lynch@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 08:52:28 -0700

There has to be an error message.  Look in the Application log for any ESE97
logs.  What I would do is run ESEUTIL with the switches you need, but pipe
the text to a text file like this:

eseutil /g /v /x /o >defrag.txt

If you do have errors, they will show up in this text file.  You can also
run the /p, BUT I RECOMMEND MAKING A BACKUP OF THE FILE BEFORE YOU RUN /P.
This will remove corruption and will not tell you what it is deleting.  This
will also reduce the size of your EDB the most.  Running the /D will only
defrag the database for faster response, but it does not reduce the size of
the file that much.  I recommend that you /G, then /D, then /P so that you
can make sure you database is in a consistant state, and that it is intact
without data corruption.

CHRIS LYNCH -  MCSE, CCNA, CCA
NETWORK ENGINEER - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
NRT Incorporated, 27271 Las Ramblas, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Chris.lynch@xxxxxxxxxx  Tel 949.367.3406