[ExchangeList] Communication between exchange and non-exchange mail server

  • From: "Jeffrey Robillard" <jrobill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 08:54:21 -0400

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------I have an IIS SMTP
server setup on a machine as a listserv that can
email my exchange server perfectly.  However, I am unable from exchange
send any email back to the IIS SMTP Listserv.

I know the ListServ can receive mail.

The issue, I am pretty sure, is that they are both behind a firewall
with NAT.  I believe the exchange server is resolving the ip address for
the listserv as the external ip instead of the internal ip.

Is there a way within exchange 2k that you can tell it ... All mail
destined for domain @list.blah.com forward to internal ip 10.10.10.10?

Confidentiality Notice

Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be
privileged.  It is intended for the addressee(s) only.   Access to this e-mail
by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or
copying of the contents of this e-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in
reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful.   If you are not an
addressee, please inform the sender immediately and delete this message from
your system.