[ExchangeList] Cisco Unity AD schema extensions

  • From: "Jose Medeiros" <josemedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 19:16:58 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Any one care to comment?

Jose
----- Original Message ----- From: "Medeiros, Jose" <Jose.Medeiros@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ActiveDir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 1:30 PM
Subject: [ActiveDir] Cisco Unity AD schema extensions

Hi Jason,

Is this a new install? What version of Exchange are you running? What
version of Cisco Unity are you implementing?

Just be very careful if you are using the Active Directory Connector and
you're migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 with Cisco Unity (
Or any third party installed application that has hooks into some one's
mailbox ).

As a matter of fact I would probably export every mailbox that you
migrate prior to moving it over.

Regards,

Jose

" An ounce of prevention is better then a pound of cure "

Benjamin Franklin

-----Original Message----- From: ActiveDir-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ActiveDir-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian Cline Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 6:57 AM To: ActiveDir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] OT: Cisco Unity AD schema extensions

We've also been using the new Cisco Unity platform for unified messaging
for a few months now, and the schema extensions have caused us no
problems whatsoever.

Good luck - it's a very solid platform and we love it.

--
Brian Cline

-----Original Message----- From: ActiveDir-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ActiveDir-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jason Benway Sent: Tuesday 13 June 2006 10:06 To: ActiveDir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [ActiveDir] OT: Cisco Unity AD schema extensions

Has anyone worked with/been involved with the Cisco unity AD schema
extensions?

One of our divisions is planning to go with the integrated solution and
wants to run the schema update.

I have the link on Cisco's site about what they add.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_white_pap
er09186a00800e4535.shtml

But I don't know enough about AD to know the impact now and in the
future for windows and Exchange upgrades.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,jb