RE: Changing e-mail domain

  • From: Andrea Coppini <AndreaCoppini@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 21:48:48 +0200

Hi,

We went through this a couple of months back when we switched to a .info
domain.

We're running a single Exch 5.5 with around 50 mailboxes.

Apart from setting the MX record in the DNS, the exchange server only needed
2 modifications:

1>  Add the new domain in the Routing field in the Internet Mail Connector.
This will allow you to recieve any inbound mail errors for that domain.

2>  You'll have to go through each Mailbox and add the new internet e-mail
address manually.  You might also want to set this new e-mail address as the
Default Reply Address to make the users send using the new e-mail address.

That's it.  I don't know if there's anything else which needs to be done,
but ours has been working fine for a few months now.

Regards
Andrea