RE: Can't start IMAP service

  • From: "Jamie A. Byrnes" <jabyrnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 09:05:06 +0930

Hi Michael,

I believe by definition that all services MUST report any failures to
the system log, even if it has an event id of 0, and MS services
(should) conform to this. Have another look, check the log isn't full,
that sort of stuff.

It will be awfully hard to troubleshoot without an event id, but a guess
might be to look in the queues and cut and paste out any suspicious
looking messages.

Also what version/sp/hotfixes are you running will help us answer your
question better.

Jamie.