RE: Can't receive any email yet I can get messenger pop ups...

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:03:59 -0700

> I've got a copy of ISA ent lying around and I've been thinking long and
> hard about setting it up on this network and doing away with this
> linksys. From what I've read so far, the learning curve is tremendous
> and it demands special attention when being used on dsl connections.

The learning curve is only "tremendous" if you are doing things that are not
normal. Some DSL connections require special attention, not because of ISA
but because of DSL. (Dynamic IP, PPPoE, Ameritech, SBC, etc...)

There is a lot of information available at isaserver.org.

And yes, Linksys routers are not the best item to use for hosting services
such as e-mail.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
Engineer/Consultant
eServices For You