Can't Install System Manager on Exchange 2003

  • From: "Mino Faggiano" <Mino.Faggiano@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:27:06 +1100

Hi my issue is outlined as follows:

After installing Windows 2003 Server standard and Exchange 2003, system
manager was not installed. Furthermore, I cannot add it in as a snap-in
in MMC.

I have backup exec 9.1 running on the machine as well as Trend ScanMail
for Exchange. Apparantly because System Manager was not installed, the
store databases cannot be backed up and Trend will not scan the
mailboxes.

Apart from that I can do a bricks level backup of the mailboxes with the
BE Agent for Exchange.

The server is a Domain Controller in a child domain. It has Exchange 2K3
SP1 installed.

Any assistance would be greatfully received.

Regards,

MF