[ExchangeList] Re: Cannot mount database - Isinteg does not produce a logfile

  • From: vin list <vinlist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 08:35:49 +0100

Thanks for this, I will come back to this on Monday since I do not have the ability to check things today.

From: rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] Re: Cannot mount database - Isinteg does not produce a logfile
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 17:29:24 -0500
CC: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Be aware that just because the eseutil exits cleanly, it doesn't guarantee the database was successfully repaired. Eseutil is not a magic bullet.

Also you mentioned you removed all files in the logfile directory - did you roll your transaction logs or move them out of their configured location?

Finally, what was the issue (or issues) you were trying to fix initially, and what steps did you take prior to the eseutil? What was the output of utility runs in diagnostic only modes before you ran the /p ?

Rick

On Feb 16, 2008, at 5:06 PM, James Chong <jchong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does eseutil show the DB in a clean shutdown state?

James Chong
Sr. Systems Engineer
Simplexity, LLC.

11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300

Reston, VA 20191
O (703) 657-4612
C (703) 863-1483

From: jchong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:03:11 -0500

For grins try deleting or rather removing your chk file out of your log directory and try mounting again.