RE: Cannot connect thru Outlook

  • From: "Gene Sibbs" <gensib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:46:03 +0200

Hi Shabbar,

What is the free disk space currently available on your Exch Svr? It sound like a low disk space related problem?

Gene Sibbs

From: shabbar babrawala <shabbardar@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] Cannot connect thru Outlook
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 01:32:39 -0800 (PST)

http://www.MSExchange.org/

    Dear all,

Since the past two days we are unable to connect to the exchange the event log shows this warning message
The Microsoft Exchange Site Replication Service could not initialize its Exchange database (EDB) and returned error 1. The Site Replication Service will wait in a semi-running state so the database can be restored from backup and the SRS can mount it.
users get a message trying to connect but it never does

  This is happenning every 2-3 weeks and then it resolves on its own.
  we are running server 2003 and exchange 2003 on the same box
  I cannot connect thru oulook 2003 but if i try the OWA then it works

  Please can someone help me fix this
  thanks

  shabbar

--------------------------------- Yahoo! Shopping Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo! Shopping