Cannot Change Passwords on multiple Exchange domains hosted using virtual HTTP Server

  • From: sansat@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:24:35 -0700

Hi,

I have one domain controller (windows 2003) with exchange server 2003.

For example sake my domain name is DomainA.com. I have installed SSL for
DomainA.com and users in domainA can access using
https://mail.DomainA.com/exchange. I have created the virtual directory
for IISADMPWD and users can change the passwords by accessing
https://mail.domaina.com/exchange.!!!

We need to host multiple domains, hence I created another domain named
DomainB.com by using recepient policy. Created a OU as domainb.com in
active directory and created users under that OU. Created a virtual http
server and installed second SSL on the hosted virtual http site and also
created the virtual directory for IISADMPWD, same steps were done as I did
for default website, so users of domainb can access using
https://mail.domainb.com:8081/exchange, but users are not able to change
password, even though users accessing the default website at
https://mail.DomainA.com/exchange can change password. After entering
details in IIS authentication Manager ie the domain, account, old
password, new password and click OK - It gives the message

" The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might
be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your
browser settings.

Please try the following:
Click the  Refresh button, or try again later.
If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is
spelled correctly.
To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click
Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings
should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator
or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can
examine your network and automatically discover network connection
settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click  Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and
then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you
have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings
can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On
the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for
SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the  Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer
""

Please help.