Can not create same user on the another exchange server

  • From: "rakesh" <rjain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 12:56:16 -0600

Hi all,

I have few exchange 5.5 server in my oganization. I removed the user from
my remote exchange to main head office exchange. When I deleted the user
and create the same user at main exchange server, I  got the differnet
email ID. When i  am trying to change the email ID to the previous one , I
am getting the message " this email-address already exists in this
organization". Now my problem is that user can not recieve the email on
his previous email ID. He has to inform to everone for the new email ID.
Do you have any workaround. I already tried directory replicaion between
exchanges,but it seems it is not working.