Can Exchange 2000 works in different W2K forests?

  • From: "Alan Tan" <t-tan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:36:25 +0800

Greetings,

                Hi, can Exchange 2000 work in the following scenario

1)      Exchange 2000 Server in Malaysia site with its own unique W2K
forest name
2)      Exchange 2000 Server in Singapore site with its own unique W2K
forest name
3)      Both Singapore & Malaysia site has the same organization name
(Campus)
4)      Intend to use smtp connector this 2 sites.

                                I read in somewhere that Exchange 2000
cannot span more than one W2K forest. So in my above scenario, will that
mean it won't work?

                                Appreciate any advice. Thanks
Alan Tan
System Consultant