RE: Blocking direct telnet access

  • From: "Oluwaseyi Owoeye" <OOwoeye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:30:56 +0100

No it is not

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Abela [mailto:robert@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 1:34 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Blocking direct telnet access

Is it behind a firewall?
-----Original Message-----
From: Oluwaseyi Owoeye [mailto:OOwoeye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 1:19 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Blocking direct telnet access
http://www.MSExchange.org/
 Hello guys,

I am presently running Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 Server.

How can I block direct telnet access into my exchange 2000 server. Please any
help will be highly appreciated

GFI - Security & communications products for Windows NT/2000
http://www.gfi.com

This mail was content checked for malicious code or viruses
by Mail essentials. Mail essentials for Exchange/SMTP is an
email security, content checking & anti-virus gateway that
removes all types of email-borne threats before they can affect
your email users. Spam, viruses, dangerous attachments & offensive
content can be removed before they reach your mail server.
In addition it has server-based email encryption, disclaimers
and other email features.

In addition to Mail essentials, GFI also produces the FAXmaker
fax server product range & LANguard internet access control &
intrusion detection. For more information on our products please
visit http://www.gfi.com