Block access to ports

  • From: "satish garimalla" <satishgarimalla@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 19:03:00 +0530

Hi All,

          I know this is a bit off the topic.But, we are having problems with the recent virus attacks.We are in the process of eliminating this.

As recommended by symantic web site, Iam supposed to block access to TCP port 4444 at the firewall level and also block  tcp port 135 "DCOM RPC" and UDP port 69 , "TFTP"

Can any body explain me how to do this as I am not so familiar with this.All I want to know is that how to block these ports(from command prompt ?? or from windows itself  ??) Either may be the case, could you please explain me the steps in doing so ...

Thanking you very much ,

Satish Garimalla

Narain Karthikeyan. He's fast, really fast. Want to meet him?