Best way to remove exchange objects from AD schema after server reinstall

  • From: "Marvin Cummings" <marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Mail List" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 01:04:01 -0400

I made the ultimate newbie exchange error by restaging my exchange server
before trying to remove the exchange objects from Active Directory now I
need to reinstall on this server, with a different name, and get it back on
my network. Can anyone advise on the best way to remove these objects from
the schema? I'm thinking it's a little more involved than just deleting the
Microsoft Exchange System Objects container in AD. If anyone can advise or
direct me on this I'd appreciate it.
I thought if I simply initiate the install of exchange that it would advise
that objects were available and provide me with an option to uninstall, but
I'm not getting that.