Re: Basic Services etc.

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 02:01:09 +0100

Many thanks for your reply.

Microsoft Exchange MTA Stacks
Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine
Microsoft Exchange Management
Microsoft Exchange POP3 (I think this is POP3SVC.EXE) ??
Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 (I think this is IMAP4SVC.EXE) ??
Microsoft Exchange Site Replication Service

One other question spring to mind. Hope no one minds but I have not worked with
multiple storage groups. Would these be listed as separate services (one for
each group) for each storage group all linked to the same executable or would
it just be one service and stopping the IS would take all of them down?

Common sense tells me since you can create them "on the fly" without even
stopping services it will be one service at all times? I say this as I should
imagine setting up something that is dependent on the SA would require it to be
stopped and restarted which is does not.

Many thanks in advance. Hope I can return the favour some time.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.