RE: Badmail (Exchange 2000)

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:28:00 -0400

John, I didn't say the ACL change was the ONLY way.

I use the script because I use the information in the badmail logs for
debugging. In fact, the first change I made to my Exchange 2003 sp1
servers was to turn badmail back on. But I turn NDR's off, so my badmail
is small to start with.

The ACL change has several distinct advantages, first and foremost: the
files never get created in the first place. Which is more efficient on
older versions of Exchange.