BadMail Directory

  • From: "Lee" <swanson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 23:47:32 -0500

I'm at my wits' end here and not sure what to do....

Have an Exchange 2000 install w/ SP3 and security rollup installed. I
believe relay is configured per MS instructions.

What's happening is the badmail directory is filling up w/ a few thousand
entries everyday. It appears that someone is sending spam to every name in
the dictionary attached to @mycompany.com. When I look in the ESM, it shows
a couple dozen queues in the SMTP Protocol from domains that are basically
"junk." Tried putting these to be filtered out, but they keep coming back w/
other domain names.

Is there anyway of keeping this stuff out or is it something I need to live
w/ since this users are not getting this mail.

Thanks.

Lee Ann
Lake Norden, SD