RE: Backup mail server (One domain, two mail serve- rs)

  • From: "Umar" <umarpirzada@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 11:41:02 -0600

Ok i found out abt the MX records implementation. I learnt that 2 MX
records can exist one for each machine having exchange 2000 configured to
receive email for the 2 domains. Both will have some cost issue involved
which will set the priority. I got all that. What confused me now is that
how will both the MAIL SERVERS replicate data amongst one another. Both
should contain the same mailboxes right to be able to replace each
other...plz drop in some ideas...

Umar