Backup Error on user mailbox

  • From: "Ed" <epollack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:42:40 -0700

When doing my nightly Backups [Veritas Backup Exec with Exchange] I am
continually getting an error message of "Mail Delivery (failure
username@***.com).&Server Failures&Sync Issues&Top of Information
Store&Access denied to file User Name [username]"

This user works off of a laptop while in the office and on the Road, his
email is cached locally I am assuming that something got corrupt and that
is what is causing the above error (since I am able to get a good backup
if I bypass this users account)So I am not sure what to do to correct his
mailbox without losing everything.  Is there a way to save his mailbox and
recreate it (this user has one of the largest mailboxes in the company
over 800,000 he is one of the VP's so it's hard to have him listen to me
and tell him that the size is causing the problem unless I can fix it then
I can tell him that the size is the problem.

Any help is appriciated.
Thanks
Ed Pollack