Re: Backing up exchange

  • From: "Arnold, Mark" <marnold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:15:11 +0100

Those files are in use by Exchange, as you'd probably assumed.
If you're backing up from the exchange server to tape/file then you will see an
additional structure below the hard drives marked Microsoft Exchange. Selecting
this to backup will enable a backup to be done, encapsulating all those files
that are open.
The current skipped files are nothing to be concerned about so long as you're
conducting the "on line" backup as described.